Tuesday 20 June 2017

Gifts

“A wonderful gift may not be wrapped as you expect.”
Jonathan Lockwood Huie

A friend asked me these questions: “What is the most expensive gift you have ever given to someone? What gift would you want to receive? What gift would be appropriate to give to someone?”
I paused a bit and thought about it... A few things ran in my mind, for instance “What can this person
afford to buy?” This was more so I don’t strain their budget. After a few minutes of wondering what that could be, I still had no answer.
These questions stuck with me and today it struck me that TIME would be that gift.
If there is something an individual is constrained with and can give someone else and never get back, it is TIME.
So if my friend were to ask me all those questions again, I would answer, “TIME” without hesitation.